Guida Law Associates P.C. provides real estate legal services in Massachusetts and throughout New England, specializing in Conveyancing and Real Estate Law. With decades of experience and expertise, we support and represent buyers, sellers, lenders and banks, offering informed legal guidance and providing legal representation on all types of real-estate transactions.
From residential to commercial properties, investment property to condo conversions, residential rental agreements to landlord/tenant disputes, Guida Law is ready to guide you through an efficient, seamless real estate transaction.
In addition, Guida Law supports the realtor community with continuing education opportunities through Greenwood Real Estate School. In-person and online courses offer practical, relevant instruction from a seasoned practitioner’s perspective, based on real-life experiences and demonstrating the practical application of the subject matter. These courses provide real estate broker/owners a vehicle to assist new agents with licensing requirements. For experienced brokers, interactive courses taught by certified instructors provide an efficient and engaging means to achieve their required annual continuing education hours.
If You Are Purchasing Property
- Buyers’ Attorney – Oversee all activities and advocate for the buyer in resolving any issues prior to closing. Activities include running and reviewing the title exam, ensuring the title is clear and the deed transfers 100% of the interest to the buyer, confirming that the seller’s deed is unencumbered and that any interests have been accounted for, reviewing and explaining mortgage commitment documents.
- Real Estate Closings – Prepare closing documents and represent buyers in transfers of residential or commercial properties within Massachusetts. Attend closings for properties in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine and Rhode Island.
- Purchase and Sales Documents – Review Purchase and Sales Agreements on behalf of the buyer, review/correct language, add addendum protections for buyer, negotiate with seller’s attorney.
- Real-Estate Related Documentation – Review and negotiate contract and terms of the sale, deeds, condo documents and corporate documents, prepare title documents, transfer documents, note and mortgage reduction and other documents, providing due diligence to ensure all terms and requirements have been accurately represented for the buyer.
If You Are Selling Property
- Sellers’ Attorney – Manage all documentation including ensuring any mortgages, liens, encumbrances are paid off or resolved; run title search to verify that the entire agreed-upon property is being appropriately transferred to the buyer.
- Real Estate Closings – Review closing documents and represent sellers in transfers of residential or commercial properties within Massachusetts. Attend closings for properties in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine and Rhode Island.
- Purchase and Sales Documents – Prepare contract and negotiate terms of the sale, draft Purchase and Sales Agreement and negotiate with buyer’s attorney.
- Condominium Conversions – Review condo conversion documents for developers or individuals converting a building to condominium units, provide legal guidance through entire conversion process through sale of individual units.
- Other Real-Estate Related Documents – Prepare and review legal documents including deeds, condo documents, title documents, transfer documents, note and mortgage reduction, leases and rental agreements, providing due diligence to ensure all terms and requirements have been accurately represented for the seller.
If You Own Rental Property
- Prepare and Review Legal Documents including leases, rental agreements and other documents to ensure all terms and requirements are accurately represented for the landlord.
- Landlord-Tennant Issues – Advise and represent landlords in and out of court, including executing full summary process eviction for violations of lease or non-payment. File all requisite documents, engage sheriff to serve eviction notice, bring tenants to housing court, enlist sheriff and moving company to perform eviction, if required.
If You Are A Mortgage Company, Lender or Bank
- Support with Title Services, Foreclosures (guiding lenders through the foreclosure process including filing a lawsuit if necessary), Mortgages (facilitate the buyer in securing a loan, acquiring mortgage insurance, transfer of security deposit and manage any issues relating to mortgage discharges)
If You Are A Realtor
- Through the Greenwood Real Estate School, offer in-person and online instruction from a seasoned practitioner’s perspective, based on real-life experiences and demonstrating the practical application of the subject matter.
- Continuing Education (CE) Courses for experienced brokers – Interactive courses taught by certified instructors provide an efficient and engaging means to achieve required annual continuing education hours.
- Pre-License Real Estate Coursework to assist new agents with licensing requirements.